Let me give away one of the best Valentine’s Day desserts.
Sorry for the daring title, here. That’s what my husband calls it. Sex in a pan. But the real name is Paleo Love Cake. Awesome , delicious recipe that we created for Valentine’s Day 2017. And I give it away to you below!
This is a great Valentine’s Day idea, and especially a great Valentine’s Day dessert for 2.
Delicious, yes. But also fat-burning, gluten-free, paleo, and super healthy. But no one needs to know that part.
You see, I specialize in weight loss and overall good health, of course. But I also love chocolate.
Are you a chocolate addict like me? LOL! (Awesome recipe below.)
Chocolate is a funny thing, you know. Everybody loves chocolate. And everybody thinks it is so bad for you. Simply because it’s decadent.
Don’t think for one second that you’re supposed to eliminate chocolate from your diet.
Here is why. Sure, indulging in the WRONG kind of chocolate will never help you. Any milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate is no good. Too high in sugar.
If you can find chocolate with 72% to 99% of cocoa, then you’re in luck. It’s actually not that hard to find. The higher the content of cocoa, the lower the sugar content. So the higher the percentage, the more you can indulge without gaining an ounce.
In fact, dark, high-cocoa content chocolate is full of fiber, which always help your weight loss efforts.
Once in a while though, I find a MAGIC recipe. In this magic Valentine’s Day chocolate dessert recipe below, there is chocolate of course, and many delicious ingredients that are paleo, gluten-free, grain free, and dairy free!
This miracle recipe will help you lose weight because:
• It’s loaded with delicious high-fiber chocolate.
• It’s low-carb and low-fat: It contains no flour, no refined sugar, no gluten, no butter and no oil.
• It has only a few steps and takes 20 minutes to make.
Before I give you the recipe, remember to grab The French Paleo Dessert Cookbook, which has plenty of “magic” recipes just like this one.
PALEO LOVE CAKE
Prep Time: 1 hr
Servings: 12 servings
Author: Dr. Carissa Alinat
1. To make the crust, pulse walnuts and dates in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl and work in the coconut oil, then press the mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch cake pan. Refrigerate.
2. For the second layer, combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Pour over the chilled crust. Refrigerate.
3. For the third layer, mix the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and then pour over the chilled, hardened second layer. Refrigerate again.
4. For the fourth layer, combine its ingredients and then pour it into the pan.
5. For the fifth layer, mix the butter, coconut milk and honey with a mixer until very smooth and spoon over the chilled fourth layer. Top with the shaved chocolate.
6. Chill the cake overnight.
7. To serve, slice with a sharp knife and plate.
And we also made a quick, fun intro video that still makes people laugh. Watch the video above for that thick French accent!