On this blog, we always give you delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make recipes. Getting in and out of the kitchen is always a plus with our family… simply because we are so busy.
I have long talked about the ultrafast “sheet pan dinners” and this Chicken Paprika, Parsnips & Beets is another one of those sheet pan dinners.
The concept is easy. Basically you throw all your ingredients on a sheet pan and you throw it in the oven for about 30 minutes. Get it?… Let’s do this.
For this healthy and delicious recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
Follow this recipe and make the ‘rub’. The rub is wonderful. Mixing lemon zest, garlic, tomato paste, cumin and paprika is very rewarding. You’ll get to smell all of these exotic scents.
Also keep in mind that tossing fresh beets will make your hand look as if you had murdered someone. Eating fresh beets will also make your urine pink. Just a heads up
CHICKEN PAPRIKA, PARSNIPS & BEETS
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp smoked hot Spanish paprika
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut in half
- 3 medium beets, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, paprika, tomato paste, cumin, lemon zest, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Place chicken, beet, and parsnips on a sheet pan and toss with the paprika mixture.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slide baking pan into the oven. Roast chicken and vegetables until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- When vegetables are charred around the edges, and chicken is cooked through, remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes, covered in aluminum foil.