KALE, BLUE & ALMOND SALAD
- 2 cups whole almonds, toasted
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 ½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed with a garlic press
- 10 to 12 ounces washed and dried kale leaves, thick stems removed
- 1 ½ cups blue cheese crumbles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a very large bowl, combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil.
- Working in batches, shred the kale with your hands into small pieces.
- Throw into the bowl, over the dressing.
- Top the kale with the almonds, and then with the blue cheese.
- Toss to coat thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.