The DUTCH Complete™ is the most advanced hormone test, offering an extensive profile of sex and adrenal hormones and melatonin, along with their metabolites, to identify symptoms of hormonal imbalances. Easily collected in the comfort of your own home, samples are then sent to our lab to be processed. The DUTCH Complete™ is the most accurate test providing a complete assessment of hormonal health.
The kit includes:
• Easy directions and filter paper collection strips
• Requisition form for patient information, pertinent supplements, medications, hormone replacement and a health questionnaire
• Sealable return envelope
The results include:
• Analysis of 35 different hormones: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S, and cortisol along with their metabolites
• Daily free cortisol patterns to provide insight into adrenal insufficiency or symptoms of chronic stress
• Graphical representation of results and embedded video tutorials to assist in the hormone assessment to share with your medical provider
• DUTCH OATs: Oxidative stress marker – 8-Hydroxy-2-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), melatonin (6-OHMS), and six organic acid tests (OATs) including markers for vitamin B12 (methylmalonate), vitamin B6 (xanthurenate), kynurenate, glutathione (pyroglutamate), dopamine (homovanillate), norepinephrine/epinephrine (vanilmandelate).
Does this Dutch hormone test include the interpretation of results?
This kit will come with a detailed report, directly from the lab. It is typically about 20 pages in length and has clear explanations of how to interpret the results. Additionally, there are youtube videos as well as information to guide you in understanding the results.
What if you are in menopause? Can you still do the test?
This is an ideal time to test. You can also make sure your levels are balanced if you are using bio identical hormones. If you are not using any hormone replacement, you can see where your levels are and decide if you could benefit from hormone replacement. Probably 7 of 10 tests we sell are for menopausal and post menopausal females looking to balance their hormones. Note that Dr. Carissa’s book, The Menopause Switch, may be a good help if you are approaching menopause and you haven’t read it yet. It is available on Amazon.
What happens if you accidentally mess up one of the test strips. Can you get more and redo the test or do you have to pay for the whole thing again?
The kit actually has an “extra” strip. The extra strip is used to collect if you wake in the middle of the night, but it is optional so you could use that as a replacement strip.
Do I use one urine collection or multiple collections over the course of a day?
This comprehensive test will check your hormone levels when you wake, noon, dinner, bed and overnight if you urinate overnight. The overnight collection is not required. You do have to collect urine on test strips and then let them dry thoroughly before packaging. We do find it difficult for patients to do this in most work environments. We suggest doing it on a day off from work when you will mostly be home during the urine collection times.
Does this test include a review by Dr. Carissa. No, the lab actually sends about 20 pages of results, so that you can understand if you are suffering from hormone imbalances. In addition to that, a virtual consultation with Dr. Carissa can be arranged for an extra fee. Contact us here.